Thursday 21 April 2022

VSSM helped in a small way, and their life was on the path to prosperity...

Mittal Patel with the beneficiaries

“Ben do not forget to meet Manoj, and he will  share how the peddle rickshaw has changed his life!”

I was astounded at this statement by our Harshad. Barely two months ago, we had given Manoj a peddle rickshaw; what difference it would have made in just two months? I found it hard to believe.

Harshad took us to Gharshala at Surendranagar’s Wadhwan, where we were to give away peddle rickshaws to 5 individuals occupied with picking junk. Manoj was also present at the venue.

“I want you to tell Ben everything you had shared with me!” Harshad calls and tells Manoj.

“Earlier, I used to set out to pick the junk with a jhola on my shoulder. Neither was I able to lug a heavy load nor was it possible for me to walk long distances. I was hardly earning any money. After you gave me a peddle rickshaw, I could travel up to 10-12 kilometres and earn Rs. 700-800 or more in a day. As my income increased, I bought a second-hand loading rickshaw. If I have to travel within 10 kilometres, I take a paddle rickshaw; if I plan to go farther, say 15-20 kilometres, I take the loading rickshaw. I end up collecting loads of junk. My income had increased many folds, and I am a happy man!!”

Manoj and many like him have the enterprise and skill at doing profitable business; all they lack is funds and tools to prosper in life. VSSM helped in a small way, and their life was on the path to prosperity.

We are grateful to US-based Rameshbhai for supporting these families.

We pray to the Almighty to give all of us the ability to help others prosper in life.

'બેન મનોજને તમે ખાસ મળજો. એ તમને કહેશે કે પેડલ રીક્ષા આપવાથી એના જીવનમાં શું ફેર પડ્યો?'

અમારા હર્ષદે જ્યારે આ કહ્યું ત્યારે પ્રથમ તો નવાઈ લાગી. મૂળ મનોજને બે મહિના પહેલાં જ પેડલ આપેલી. આ બે મહિનામાં એના જીવનમાં ફેર પડી જાય?  જરા માનવામાં ન આવે તેવું હતું. 

એ પછી હર્ષદ અમને લઈ ગયો સુરેન્દ્રનગરના વઢવાણની ઘરશાળામાં જ્યાં અમે સુરેન્દ્રનગરમાં ભંગાર વીણવાનું કામ કરતા પાંચ લોકોને પેડલ આપવાના હતા. મનોજ પણ ત્યાં હાજર હતો.

હર્ષદે એને બોલાવ્યો ને કહ્યું, 'તુ મને જે કહેતો હતો તે બેનને કહે' હું મુક હતી. ત્યાં મનોજે કહ્યું, 'પહેલાં ખભે કોથળો લઈ ભંગાર ભેગો કરવા જતો. ખભે ઝાઝુ વજન ઊંચકી ન શકાય. ના ભંગર ભેગો કરવા લાંબે જઈ શકાય. એટલે ભંગારમાંથી દોઢસો- બસો રળી લેતો. પણ તમે પેડલ રીક્ષા આપી તે દસ કી.મી. સુધી જઈ શકુ છું. સાતસો, આઠસો ક્યારેક એનાથી વઘારે કમાઈ લઉં છું. મારી આવક વધી તે હમણાં જૂનામાંથી લોડિંગ રીક્ષા ખરીદી. પેડલ પર દસેક કી.મી.ના એરિયામાં ભંગાર ભેગો કરવા ફરુ. વધારે લાંબે એટલે કે 15 થી 20 કી.મી. દૂર જવું હોય તો લોડિંગ રીક્ષામાં જવું છું. ઘણો ભંગાર ભેગો કરી શકુ છું. મારી આવક વધી ગઈ, મને સુખ થઈ ગયું'

ધંધાની સમજ તો મનોજ અને મનોજ જેવા કચરો વીણવાવાળાને હતી જ પણ મૂડી નહોતી એટલે લાંબુ કરી શકતા નહોતા. 

અમે નાનીશી મદદ કરીને આ બધાનું જીવન પાટે ચડી ગયું. અમેરીકાથી રમેશભાઈ શાહે આ પાંચ પરિવારોને પેડલ આપવામાં મદદ કરી એ માટે અમે તેમના આભારી છીએ. કુદરત સતકાર્યોમાં સૌને કાયમ નિમીત્ત બનાવે તેવી પ્રાર્થના..

No comments:

Post a Comment