Saturday 6 January 2018

Help VSSM pay fees of Nursing Student Neeta

Help hardworking Neeta finish her Studies

Manjuben and Neeta in VSSM office explaining their plight to Mittal Patel
“Ben, we need to pay the last instalment of fees for Neeta’s nursing course. Agreed, you gave us Rs. 50,000 earlier, I also paid Rs. 50,000 which I earned while working as daily wage labourer. But, we have never received a notice from the collage, asking for complete payment of due fees. Yes, they did send reminders but never cautioned us the they would remove Neeta from collage in case of the non-payment of fees. My husband earned well earlier and that is the reason we took Neeta’s admission in this collage. However, he had a heart attack and has not been able to earn well since then. Our communities do not allow girls to study but I dream of educating my children. And now this...”

Manjuben Raval is a mother of Neeta and her siblings. She belongs to the Raval community which is a Nomadic community of Gujarat. Manjuben lives in Ratanpur village situated Danta block. She works as a cook in the Mid-Day Meal Programme in a school in the same village. The financial well-being of the family was decent when her husband was well and working but, his medical condition has altered the family's economic condition.

Neeta is in the final year of nursing course she has been pursuing since last three years. She requested me, “Didi, I need to complete this course. My mother has worked really hard to raise us, she has gone against the community dictates to make sure I study. Once I am through with the course; it is certain that I will get a job with the pay of at least Rs. 10,000.  If I go on to do well, her hard work would be paid off. I wish to repay her toil and suffering. I promise I will repay each penny of the loan. Please help us pay the fees, I will surly pay back. The collage has removed me from the course since last 15 days. I want to study, Didi.”

Neeta is a hard working young girl. In 12th grade she secured 60% without any external coaching or tuition. “How can I loan such a big amount?”, I asked. “I will work twice as hard, will repay every single penny of the loan. I promise I will not die before I pay off the entire amount. Just this time help us complete her studies,” Manjuben requested.

There are thousands like her and we find it difficult to meet the needs of all such poor families. Our well-wishers and friends like you all have helped us reach this far, supporting thousands of families fight poverty and marginalization would have been impossible without your generosity. I am sure things will work out well for all, I hold that unshakeable trust that has never failed me!!

ગુજરાતીમાં અનુવાદ
બેન તમે પચા આલ્યા પણ ઓની #નર્સીગની બીજી બે લાખની ફી બાકી હ્. પચા મી મજુરી કરીન ભર્યા. અતાર લગી કોલેજવાળાએ ફી બલ્લે ઘણીએ માથાકૂટ કરી પણ કોય દાડો નીતાન કાઢી નતી મુચી. પણ આ ફેરા પુરી ફી લઈન આય નકર તારુ એડમીશન કાઢી નોખીશું એવું કઈ દીધુ હ. માર ઘરવાળો પેલા ઠીક કમાતો એટલ જ સોકરીન ભણાબ્બાનું કર્યું. પણ ઈન અટક આયુ ન બાજી બગડી જી. અમાર બાજુ સોકરીઓ બહુ ના ભણ પણ મન મારા સોકરાં ભણાબ્બાની ઘણી હુંશ હતી. પણ હવ...
દાંતા તાલુકાના રતનપુરગામમાં રહેતા મંજુબહેન #રાવળ#મધ્યાનભોજન બનાવવાનું કામ કરે. ઘરે એક ગાય. ઘરવાળો કમાતો ત્યારે સ્થિતિ સારી હતી પણ જ્યારથી મંદવાડ ઘરમાં આવ્યો ત્યારથી મંજુબહેનની હાલત ખરાબ થઈ ગઈ.
નીતા નર્સીગના છેલ્લા વર્ષમાં છે. દીદી મારે ભણવું છે. મારી મમ્મીએ ખુબ મેનત કરીન અમન મોટા કર્યા. હું કાંઈક બનીશ તો એની મેનત લેખે લાગશે. બધાની વિરોધમાં જઈન એણે મને ભણાવી છે. મારુ ભણવાનું પતશે પછી મને દસ હજારની નોકરી તો મળી જ જશે. બે લાખની ફી ભરવા મદદ કરો હું નોકરી મળે એટલે એ પૈસા ભરી દઈશ. પંદર દિવસથી મને કોલેજમાંથી કાઢી મુકી છે. મારે ભણવું છે દીદી.
બાર #સાયન્સમાં વગર ટ્યુશને નીતાએ 60 ટકા મેળવેલા. ખુબ ગરીબ પરિવારની આ દીકરીને ભણવું છે ને એની મમ્મીએ કરેલા ઢસરડાનું વળતર ચુકવવુ છે. મે કહ્યું, ‘આટલા બધા પૈસા કેવી રીતે આપવા.તો મંજુબેને કહ્યું. હું ખેતરમાં મજુરીએ જઉ હું વધુ મજુરી કરીસ પણ ઓનું ભણવાનું એક ફેરા પુરુ કરી આલો. તમાર પૈસા ભર્યા વના નઈ મરુ..
જીવવું મરવું કુદરતના હાથમાં છે. પણ મદદ માંગનારા હજારો છે અમે બધે પહોંચીએ ના શકીએ. અત્યાર સુધી જે પણ થયું તે સમાજમાં બેઠેલા શ્રેષ્ઠીઓની મદદ વગર શક્ય નહોતું.. પણ ફરી કહુ તો જરૃરિયાતવાળા હજારો છે... લોકો આશા સાથે આવે છે ને અમે મદદ કરીએ છીએ... પણ સેવારૃપી આ યજ્ઞમાં આહુતીની જરૃર પડે છે.... ફરી કહુ તો વિશ્વાસ છે બધુ સારુ થશે નો ને આજ સુધી તે ડગ્યોય નથી....

No comments:

Post a Comment