Wednesday 23 January 2019

VSSM helps us to live with dignity...

Naranbhai Bajaniya selling his cutlery
Naranbhai Samjibhai Bajaniya belongs to Mandvi village and lives with her wife and son. For many years Naranbhai earned his living by renting a farm, for landless and uneducated individuals like Naranbhai who have no other skill set  or land this is an option they choose. However, this isn’t an appealing option especially  because farming depends on climate and nature. There are times when his crops would fail entirely and the family would struggle for a single meal.

The current living condition of Naranbhai Bajaniya
The difficulties made him look for another option, “our Bajaniya community has been successful in selling artificial jewellery and likes. VSSM and its activities hence requested its team member to help me get a loan of Rs. 10,000 to begin my business. The organisation helped me with the loan to start my business. Every week I buy goods from Radhanpur which is 20-25 kilo meters from my village and set out to sell it on my bicycle. It earns me Rs. 200-250 daily. The amount is enough to take care of our daily food. I now plan to do just this and if I can earn more invest more in the business. Usually I buy goods on cash. The business is good during fates and festivals. This is a kind of business that never fails hence, I have always managed to pay my instalments regularly. Recently, both I and my son were taken ill, we were required to spend on medicines. But I remained strong and kept working.
I also felt like starting it because farming was not helping me earn anything. I  know

“We used to live in a small shanty made of rags and jute. Now we live in this house we were able to build after VSSM helped us with the application for constructing a house. If it wasn’t for VSSM we wouldn’t have been able to live with dignity...” says Naranbhai.

માંડવી ગામના નારણભાઈ સામજીભાઇ બજાણીયા, પરિવારમાં પત્ની અને નાનો દીકરો. નારણભાઈ પાસે મૂડી નહીં કે તેઓ પોતાનો ધંધો કરી શકે. વિચરતી જાતિને જમીન તો શાની હોય? નારણભાઈ પાસે જમીન નહીં ભણતર પણ નહીં, પણ ખેત મજૂરી કરતા આવડે. આથી ગામના સુખી ખેડૂતોની જમીન ભાગે રાખી ખેતી કરે. જેમાં માંડ માંડ ઘરનું પુરૂ થાય. વળી ખેતી કુદરત આધારીત, ઘણીવાર પાકમાં રોગ લાગુ પડી જાય તો બધીયે મહેનત અને કરેલુ રોકાણ નિષ્ફળ જાય. આવું થાય ત્યારે તો બે ટંક રોટલા ના યે ફાંફા થઇ જાય. 

નારણભાઈ કહે, “ અમારો બજાણીયા સમાજ કટલરીનો ધંધો કરે. મનેય ધંધામાં હાથ અજમાવવાનો વિચાર આવ્યો પણ પાસે મૂડી નહીં. VSSMના કામને હું જાણું એટલે અમારા વિસ્તારના કાર્યકર શંકરભાઈને રૂપિયા ૧૦,૦૦૦ની લોન આપવા વિનંતિ કરી અને સંસ્થામાંથી રૂપિયા ૧૦,૦૦૦ની લોન મળી એટલે કટલરીનો ધંધો શરૂ કર્યો. રાધનપુર ગામ અહીથી ૨૦-૨૫ કી.મી. દૂર, ત્યાં જઈ અઠવાડિયાનો સામાન લેતો આવું. અને પછી સાયકલ ઉપર ગામેગામ ફરીને વેચું. આમ ઘરનું હેન્ડ્યું જાય. રોજના બસોથી અઢીસો રૂપિયા મળે. હવે તો બારે મહિના આ જ ધંધો કરીએ. પૈસાની સગવડ હોય તો રોકડેથી સામાન લાવીએ અને ના હોય તો ઉધાર લાવીએ પણ બને ત્યાં સુધી રોકડેથી જ સામાન લાવવાનું રાખીએ. વાર તહેવાર આવતા મેળાઓમાં ધંધો ખૂબ સારો થાય. કટલરીના ધંધામાં આવક થાય જ આવક ના થાય તેવું ખાસ થાય નહીં. દરેક હપ્તાઓ સમયસર ભરી શકું તેવો પ્રયત્ન કરેલો છે પરંતુ વચ્ચે હું અને મારો દીકરો બંને બીમાર પડેલા આથી દવાના ખર્ચના કારણે થોડી અગવડ પડી તો પણ હિમ્મત કરી ધંધો ચાલુ રાખેલો. પહેલા તો એક કપડું નાખી ઝુપડું બાંધ્યું હતું પછી મકાન માટે સરકારને અરજી કરી અને મકાન બાંધવા પૈસા મળ્યાને મકાન બનાવડાવ્યું. હવે ધંધો, ઘર બધુ સારું છે જો કે હજી વધુ મહેનત કરી ધંધો આગળ વધારવો છે. સંસ્થાના હોત તો અમારા જેવા ગરીબ માણસો પોતાનું સ્વપ્ન કેમ પુરૂ કરી શકત પણ આભાર મને સ્વમાનની જિંદગી આપવા માટે...



No comments:

Post a Comment