Thursday 27 April 2023

The interest-free loan VSSM offers has improved the lives of numerous families like Parulben and her son Harsh...

Mittal Patel with Parulben

 I liked studying, but after completing 10th grade, I was married off, and our culture does not permit going to school from in-laws' my house. However, I convinced my in-laws to allow me to continue studying. They came out to be very understanding and supported me in my studies. Although a regular course would have helped,  I enrolled for a long-distance course and finished my graduation. Well, I began to pin my hopes on my son, thinking he would someday fulfill my dream. Harsh, my son is very good at studies. However, even a good score could not qualify him for a computer science course at a government engineering college. He secured admission to a self-finance college, but such institutions' fees are quite high. I work as an  Anganwadi worker while my husband drives an auto rickshaw. We need the money one needs to pay the fees of private institutions. Our only option was to borrow the amount from a private lender at a very high-interest rate. During this time, we met VSSM's Nishaben, who offered us interest-free loans to pay Harsh's fees, and his education continued."

Parulben spoke continuously and effortlessly. After paying off the first loan, she had come with a request for another loan to buy a laptop for Harsh. Educating her sons was her only aspiration, and the couple's efforts to educate Harsh and his younger brother were commendable. Therefore, there was no question we would not sanction another loan.

The couple reminded us of the parents of children studying in our hostels, many of whom were not interested in educating their children. However, if given permission, these parents would immediately discontinue their child's education and make them join the workforce. We have promised ourselves to remain perseverant and ensure children are in school, but it cheers us when we see parents like Parulben work so hard to educate their children.

"I aim to complete studies and begin to earn so that I can take care of my parents and do my best to support efforts for social welfare." Harsh had shared.

We were so happy to meet this mother-son duo. The interest-free loan VSSM offers has improved the lives of numerous families; I pray for their continued well-being.

"મને ભણવું ખુબ ગમતુ. પણ દસમુ પત્યુને મારા લગ્ન થઈ ગયા. સાસરે જઈને ભણવાની તો વાત કેમ થાય? પણ મે મારા ઘરવાળાને કરી. એ મારી વાત સમજ્યા ને એમણે મને ટેકો કર્યો. મે ઘેર બેઠા કોલેજ સુધી અભ્યાસ કર્યો. પણ રેગ્યુલર ભણી શકી હોત તો કેવું સારુ થાત? ખેર મારુ સ્વપ્ન મારો દિકરો પુરુ કરશે એમ રોજ વિચારતી. મારો દિકરો હર્ષ ભણવામાં હોશિયાર. એને ધો. 12માં સારા ટકા આવ્યા પણ સરકારી કોલેજમાં એને કમ્પ્ટર એન્જીન્યરીંગમાં પ્રવેશ ન મળ્યો. સેલ્ફ ફાયનાન્સ કોલેજમાં પ્રવેશ મળ્યો. પણ એની ફી વધારે.

હું આંગણવાડીમાં કામ કરુ મારા પતિ રીક્ષા ચલાવે. બેય મહેનત કરીએ પણ એક સામટા ઘણા પૈસા કાઢવાના થાય તો તકલીફ પડે. વ્યાજવા લાવીને ફી ભરી શકાય. પણ વ્યાજ મારી નાખે. ત્યાં નીશાબહેન(અમારા કાર્યકર) જડી ગ્યા ને મારા હર્ષની ફી ભરવા તમે લોન આપીને એનું ભણવાનું આગળ ચાલ્યું."

પારૃલબહેન અસ્ખલીત રીતે આ બોલી રહ્યા હતા. એમણે ફી માટેની લોન પુરી કરી હવે હર્ષને લેપટોપની જરૃર હતી તો એ માટે એમણે લોન માંગી. એ પણ આપી. પણ પારૃલબહેનની સમજણ ગજબ. હર્ષ અને હર્ષથી નાનો બીજો દીકરો ભણે એ માટે પારૃલબહેન ને એમના પતિ દશરથભાઈ ખુબ મહેનત કરે. 

આ બેઉંને જોઈને અમારી હોસ્ટેલમાં ભણતા ઘણા વિદ્યાર્થીઓના એ માતા પિતા યાદ આવ્યા જેમને પોતાના બાળકોના ભણતરમાં જરાય રસ નહીં. અમે બાળકોને લઈ જવાની છૂટ આપીએ તો એક મીનીટનો પણ વિચાર ન કરે અને બાળકોને ઉપાડીને લઈ જાય અને લગાડી દે કામે..

મા-બાપને સમજાવી બાળકોને ભણવવાનું અમે સ્વીકાર્યુ છે એટલે એ તો કરવું રહ્યું પણ પારૃલબહેન જેવા મહેનતકશ બહેનોને જોઈને રાજી થવાય. 

હર્ષે પણ કહ્યું, "મારુ સ્વપ્ન ભણીને પગભર થયા પછી મા-બાપને સુખી કરવાનું સાથે સાથે સમાજકાર્યોમાં મારાથી થતી નાની મદદ કરવાનું.."

મા-દીકરાને મળીને અમે ખુબ રાજી થયા... 

VSSMમાંથી મળતી લોને કેટલાયના જીવનને સુધારી નાખ્યા. બસ સૌ સુખી થાય એવી શુભભાવના.. 

Parulben with her son Harsh came to meet Mittal Patel
at VSSM's office
Parulben took interest freeloan from
VSSM's swavlaban initiative to pay
is son Harsh's fees and for his education


 


No comments:

Post a Comment