Friday 24 August 2018

Mafatkaka's desire to make his Grandchildren exemplary in the community gets fulfilled with the help of VSSM

Mafatkaka with his family and Mittal Patel
I want my daughter to be a doctor. But she got less marks so, I sent her to Philippines to study medicine. But expenses are high there. I applied to get the loans from the government for the children who go to study abroad. I had some hopes from the government so, I sent my daughter abroad using all my savings but my application got rejected. 

I told him, “you should have taken the permission before sending your daughter abroad.” But he said, “What to do ben, I am adamant on making my daughter a doctor. In Devipujak community, many people don’t study much. But I want to make my daughter a doctor and provide an example in the community. But I don’t have much money and the fees of second semester are yet to be paid. You have to help me. Now where shall I go and ask for money? We consider the government to be our guardian but it also turned its back from us. You give me loan, I will pay the instalments every month.”

Mafatkaka, Aarti’s grandfather is class-III government servant. He wanted his sons to study but they did not study much. Elder son got married. Mafatkaka had hope to make his daughter study. Today, Aarti’s mother- Mafatkaka’s daughter-in-law- Hiralben is working as a nurse in Palanpur Civil Hospital. Mafatkaka made Aarti’s elder brother Kalpesh an aeronautical engineer. 

Mafatkaka said, “Education is necessary to bring change in the society. I want to make my children exemplary in my community that’s why I made them reach this level of education although I was not financially capable. All my efforts will pay off when the other children of the community will start studying.”

We gave the loan of Rs. 1 lakh to Mafatkaka for Aarti’s education. Along with that, we gave the loan of Rs. 50 thousand to Hiralben for Kalpesh’s education. Hiralben has toiled hard to make her children take education. Right now, she has to face financial scarcity but she thinks that there will be bright future once her children will start working. 

We pray that Mafatkaka and Hiralben’s efforts become successful… 

This photo was taken when both children come to Ahmedabad for a vacation and came to the office with Mafatkaka and Hiralben…. 

‘મારે મારી દીકરીને ડોક્ટર બનાવવી છે. પણ એના ટકા ઓછા આવ્યા એટલે મે એને ડોકટરી ભણવા ફીલાપાઈન્સ મૂકી છે પણ ત્યાનો ખર્ચ વધારે છે. વિદેશમાં ભણતા વિદ્યાર્થીઓને ભણવા માટે સરકાર લોન આપે છે મે ફાઈલ મુકી પણ એ નામંજુર થઈ. મને સરકારમાંથી લોનની આશા હતી એટલે જ મે દીકરી આરતીને મારી પાસે જે સગવડ હતી એને લઈને વિદેશ મોકલી દીધી પણ મારી ફાઈલ સરકારે નામંજુર કરી. એમણે કહ્યું, તમારે દીકરીને મોકલતા પહેલાં મંજુરી લેવી જોઈતી હતી. શું કરુ બેન મારી દીકરીને ડોક્ટર બનાવવાની મારી જીદ છે. દેવીપૂજક સમાજમાં બધા બહુ ભણે એવું નથી. મારે મારી દીકરીને ડોક્ટર બનાવી સમાજમાં ઉદાહરણ પુરુ પાડવું છે. પણ પૈસાની સામટી સગવડ નથી અને એની બીજા સેમીસ્ટરની ફી ભરવાની બાકી છે. તમારે મને મદદ કરવી પડશે. હવે કોની પાસે જઈને પૈસા માંગુ. સરકારને માઈ બાપ માનીએ પણ એણે તો મોઢું ફેરવી લીધુ. તમે લોન આપો હું દર મહિને પૈસા ભરી દઈશ.’

મફતકાકા આરતીના દાદા. સરકારમાં ત્રીજા વર્ગના કર્મચારી તરીકે નોકરી કરતા. પોતાના દીકરાઓ ભણે તેવી હોંશ હતી પણ તે બહુ ભણ્યા નહીં. મોટા દીકરાના લગ્ન કરીને વહુને ઘરે લાવ્યા. વહુને ભણાવવાની હોંશ તેમણે રાખી ને આજે આરતીની મમ્મી અને મફતકાકાના મોટાદીકરાની વહુ હીરલબેન પાલનપુર સીવીલ હોસ્પીટલમાં નર્સ તરીકે ફરજ બજાવે છે. આરતીના મોટોભાઈ કલ્પેશને પણ મફતકાકાએ એરોનોટીકલ એન્જીનીયર બનાવ્યો.

મફતકાકા કહે, ‘કોઈ પણ સમાજના બદલાવ માટે ભણતર જરૃરી છે. મારા સમાજમાં મારા બાળકો ઉદાહરણ પુરુ પાડે તેવા બનાવવા છે ને એટલે જ આર્થિક ક્ષમતા ના હોવા છતાં મે મારા બાળકોને શિક્ષણના આ સ્તરે પહોંચાડ્યા છે કાલે એમને જોઈને સમાજના બીજા બાળકો ભણતા થાય તો મે કરેલું બધુ લેખે લાગશે.’

મફતકાકાને રુ.એક લાખની લોન આરતીના ભણતર માટે આપી. સાથે કલ્પેશના ભણતર માટે હીરલબહેનને રુ. પચાસ હજારની લોન આપી. હીરલબેને પણ પોતાના બાળકોના ભણતર માટે જાત ઘસી નાખી છે. હાલ આર્થિક તંગી વેઠવી પડે છે પણ કાલ સોનાનો સૂરજ મારા બાળકો કામે લાગશે ત્યારે ઊગશે તેવું હીરલબેન કહે છે.

મફતકાકાને હીરલબેનની મહેનત સફળ થાય તેવી પ્રાર્થના..
બંને બાળકો વેકેશનમાં ઘરે આવ્યા ત્યારે અમદાવાદ ઓફીસ મફતકાકાને હીરલબેન સાથે મળવા આવ્યા.તે વખતે તેમની સાથે પડાવેલી તસવીર..

No comments:

Post a Comment