Thursday 23 December 2021

VSSM's Swawlamban program brings joy to thousands of individuals like Ramzanbhai...

Ramzanbhai with his new rickshaw came to meet Mittal Patel
and our Swawlamban team members Nisha and Bhargavbhai

I was into forbidden occupations, but I fell in love with the person who changed my life forever. She got me addicted to hard work.

“If we don’t have food, we shall go hungry, but whatever we eat will be earned through our hard work. Money earned unlawfully drain the same way,” she would tell me.  Since that day, I have been pulling this paddle rickshaw.

It has been 15 years since that day, Ramzanbhai has been riding a rented paddle rickshaw ever since. The rent has increased from Rs. 10 to Rs.30.

VSSM’s Swavlamban team members Bhargavbhai and Nisha identified Ramzanbhai, who had ferried some goods to our office.  As usual, we inquired if the paddle rickshaw was his own, which he denied. 

“Would you like it if you could own a paddle rickshaw?” we asked Ramzanbhai.

“What is there not to like?” he responded. “But I do not have money for that!” he continued.

Bhargavbhai reached to meet the shop owner for whom Ramzanbhai ferried the most. We offered him a loan, to which he agreed immediately. But we had to know him better before proceeding any further. The owner decided to become his guarantor, and we offered him the loan to buy a paddle rickshaw.

Ramzanbhai reached straight to our office at Ramdevnagar after purchasing the rickshaw from Delhi Darwaja. He couldn’t thank us enough.

“My wife has called me 25 times; she is eagerly waiting for me to reach home. She wants to distribute jalebi in our neighbourhood now that we have our vehicle.” Ramzanbhai shared with cheer, his face reflecting a joy as if he owned a BMW!

“We hope that you won’t sell it off in case of financial emergency?” we asked.

“This was a desire, to own my rickshaw. The household expenses never spared any money, and I could never save enough to buy even a paddle rickshaw. Now I will follow your advice and save Rs. 1000 a month. I will treat this as a rented rickshaw and deposit Rs. 40 into the piggy bank I have bought. The rickshaw is the first property I have bought; I still have to purchase much more. I also want to be clean in my financial relationship with you to trust me further. I want to buy a house, and only if I have your trust will you support me. Who supports the way you have!”

Ramzanbhai was reeling under immense joy. It sure was infectious.

We are grateful to all our friends and well-wishers who help us bring joy to thousands of individuals like Ramazanbhai.

મારા ધંધા ખરાબ હતા પણ જીવનમાં કોઈ એવું આવી જાય જે તમારુ જીવન બદલી નાખે બસ એક વ્યક્તિને પ્રેમ કર્યો ને એણે મને મહેનતના રવાડે ચડાવ્યો. એ કહેતી, ઓછુ મળે તો ઓછુ ખાવાનું પણ મહેનતનું ખાવાનું. હરામનું હરામના રસ્તે જ જાય.. 

જે દિવસે એણે આ સમજાવ્યું એ દિવસે પેડલરીક્ષા પકડી તે આજ સુધી એના પર જ નભુ છું. 

15 વર્ષથી ભાડે પેડલરીક્ષા ચલાવતા અમદાવાદના રમઝાનભાઈએ આ કહ્યું. પહેલાં દસ ને હવે ત્રીસ રૃપિયા ભાડે એ રીક્ષા લાવે. 

VSSM ની સ્વાવલંબન ટીમમાં કાર્યરત ભાર્ગવભાઈ તેમજ નિશાએ રમઝાનભાઈને શોધી કાઢ્યા. એ કોઈનો સામાન ભરવા અમારા ત્યાં આવ્યા ને ટેવ પ્રમાણે આ પેડલરીક્ષા તમારી છે નો સવાલ પુછ્યોને એમણે ના કહ્યું.પોતાની રીક્ષા થાય તો ગમે? 

રમઝાનભાઈએ કહ્યું કેમ ન ગમે.પણ મારી પાસે પૈસા નથી. અમે લોન આપવા કહ્યું. એમણે તુરત હા પાડી. પણ પ્રશ્ન હતો અજાણ્યા વ્યક્તિનો. ભાગર્વભાઈ તો પહોંચ્યા રમઝાનભાઈ જે દુકાનનો મહત્તમ સામાન ભરે એમના ત્યાં. દુકાન માલીકે રમઝાનભાઈના જામીન ભર્યા ને અમે પેડલરીક્ષા માટે લોન આપી.

એમણે પેડલરીક્ષા ખરીદીને સીધા દિલ્હી દરવાજાથી રામદેવનગર અમારી ઓફીસ આવ્યા.. આભાર માનવા..

હરખથી કહે, મારી ઘરવાળી દિવસના પચીસ ફોન કરી ચુકી ક્યારે આવશો ક્યારે આવશો... તે હવે ઘેર જઈશ ને મહોલ્લા આખામાં જલેબી બાટીશ.. મારે ઘરનું સાધન થઈ ગ્યું.

જાણે બીએમડબલ્યુ ખરીદી હોય એવી ખુશી એમના ચહેરા પર હતી. 

જરા હાસ્ય સાથે ઘરમાં તકલીફ આવશે તો વેચી તો નહીં નાખો ને એવું પુછ્યું તો કહ્યું. આ તો તમન્ના હતી. પણ ખર્ચા એટલા બધા કે આ ખરીદવાની તાકાત જ ન થઈ. પણ હવે તમે બધાએ શીખ આપી તે મહિનાના 1000 બચાઈશ. 

મૂળ ભાડાની જ છે એમ માનીને મે ગલ્લો ખરીદ્યો છે તે એમાં 40 નાખીશ... 

આ પેલી પ્રોપર્ટી ખરીદી હજુ આગળ ઘણું લેવું છે. તમારી સાથે વ્યવહાર પણ સરસ રાખવો છે મૂળ મારે ઘર લેવું છે. મારો વ્યવહાર સારો હશે તો તમે મદદ કરશો નહીં તો કોણ કરે...

રમઝાનભાઈના મોંઢા પર અપાર આનંદ હતો એ સુખી તો અમેય સુખી....

આ કાર્ય માટે મદદ કરનાર સૌ પ્રિયજનોનો આભાર... 

તેમની મદદથી જ આવા હજારો પરિવારોના ચહેરા પર સ્મિત લાવવાનું થઈ શકે છે.

#MittalPatel #vssm

No comments:

Post a Comment