Monday 22 February 2021

VSSM’s interest free loan enables a dignified living to individuals like Jesangbhai...

Mittal Patel meets Jesangbhai Bajaniya

Recently, I was at Bajaniya settlement located at the edge of Mandvi village of Patan’s Sami block.

“I purchased this rickshaw from the loan I received from VSSM!” Jesangbhai pointed at the rickshaw parked in front of his house when I met him at the settlement.

VSSM had offered Rs. 20,000 as a loan to Jesangbhai. How could he buy a brand new auto from such a small amount?

“Ben, for a very long time I wanted to drive a rickshaw to earn my living. But the shortage of funds prevented me from achieving it. We are people who earn living from labour, we have no family heirloom to fall back on. Neither do banks or finance companies lend money to people like us. We also do not have stuff to mortgage so borrowing money is very difficult for us.  I knew VSSM provides loans, Mohanbhai had briefed me on that. He had also mentioned that the first loan will be small once we know your capacity and will to return the money, we shall sanction a bigger loan. I knew Rs. 20,000 will not enable me to buy a rickshaw nonetheless, I decided to give it a go.

I reached the auto-rickshaw showroom. The price for brand new rickshaw was Rs. 2.75 lacs. Never have in my life I have seen this kind of amount. They wanted Rs. 50,000 as a down payment or a second-hand auto rickshaw. Rest of the amount was to be paid-off as monthly instalments. It was an option I found doable. I searched for an old auto-rickshaw for Rs. 20,000. I found one and took it to the showroom. They gave me Rs. 50,000 on it and rest of the amount was converted into EMI. This way I managed to more than double the amount I received from VSSM and also became a brand new rickshaw owner!”

Jesangbhai acted very cleverly. Along with paying the EMIs he also managed to repair and upgrade his kaccha house to a little better version. The enterprising nomads seldom disappoint when it comes to thinking out of the box.

We are grateful for your unflinching support that enables us to provide a dignified living to individuals like Jesangbhai.

 પાટણના સમીના માંડવીમાં રહેતા #બજાણિયા પરિવારોની વસાહતમાં જવાનું થયું એ વખતે જેસંગભાઈ મળ્યા. એમણે આંગણે ઊભેલી રીક્ષા બતાવતા કહ્યું, ‘સંસ્થામાંથી લોન લઈને મે આ રીક્ષા ખરીદી’

અમે જેસંગભાઈને વીસ જ હજાર આપ્યા હતા, એમાંથી આ નવી નક્કોર રીક્ષા કેવી રીતે આવે? જવાબમાં એમણે જે કહ્યું એ એમના જ શબ્દોમાં;

‘રીક્ષા ઉપર ધંધો કરવાની ઈચ્છા મન ઘણા ટેમથી. પણ પાહેણ પૈસા નહીં. અમે મજૂરી કરીને રળવાવાળા. બાપીકી કોઈ મીલકત અમારી કને નઈ. આપણી સંસ્થામોંથી લોન મળ એવી મન્ ખબર. તે આપણા કાર્યકર મોહનભઈન વાત કરી અન્ મન પેલીવારકી વીસ હજારની લોન મલી. વીસમોં હું થાય? પણ મોહનભઈ હાચા હતા એક ફેરા વેવાર હારો રાખીએ તો બીજી લોન મલ. અસુબાની મોટી લોન તો કુણ આલ્? પાસુ અમારી કને ગીરવે મુકી હકાય એવી માલ મીલકતેય ચો હતી?

મુ શો રૃમમોં રીક્ષાની કિંમત પુસવા જ્યો. ઈમને તો પુણા તૈઈણ લાખ કીધા. આટલા તો બાપગોતરમોંય ભાળ્યા નતા. ઈમને કીધુ પચાસ હજાર ડાઉનપેમેન્ટ ભરો અથવા તમારી પાહે જુની રીક્ષા હોય તો એ આલો. એ જુની રીક્ષાની રકમ મજરે આલીશું. અન બાકીની લોન કરી આલશું. મન આ વાત ગળે ઊતરી. મે વીસમોંથી મલ એવી જુની રીક્ષા હોધી કાઢી અન્ એ રીક્ષા લઈન્ શો રૃમમોં જ્યો. એ જુની રીક્ષાના મન પચાસ હજાર મલ્યા અન બાકીની લોન કરી આલી તે આ નવી રીક્ષા મારી પાહે આઈ જઈ. ઓમ જુઓ તો સંસ્થામોંથી લીધેલા વીસ હજારના મે મહિનામોં જ પચા હજાર કર્યા. અન્ તીસનો મન સીધો ફાયદો થ્યો..’

જેસંગભાઈ એ જબરી બુદ્ધી વાપરી. એમણે રીક્ષાનો હપ્તો ભરવાની સાથે સાથે એ છાપરુ બાંધી રહેતા ત્યાં બચત કરીને ઈંટોથી કાચુ પાકુ મકાન પણ બનાવ્યું. 

જેસંગભાઈને આર્થિક રીતે સ્વતંત્ર કરવા માટે મદદ કરનાર પ્રિયજનોનો આભાર. તમની મદદ વગર આ બધુ ક્યારેય સંભવ નહોતું.

#MittalPatel #vssm #livelihood

#livelihood #InterestFreeLoan

#employment #smallbusiness

#patan #gujarat #india



Jesangbhai bought Auto Rickshaw from VSSM's 
interest free loan program

Jesangbhai with his family and autorickshaw in front
of his house 



No comments:

Post a Comment