Friday 13 March 2020

VSSM’s support helps Babubhai Raval start his own venture…

Babubhai Raval
We used to run our household expenses with great difficulty. The loan you had given made me prosper. I could start the business of making coal. Ben, if I don’t pay the loans I was given, then my I will lose my credit.”

Babubhai Laxmanbhai Raval, 55, lives in Khakhal village of Harij Taluka of Patan district. When he came to office, he started pleading when he came to office, “Ben, I am sorry, I could not repay my instalment regularly. I have got money of three instalments with me right now. I want to donate something to the organization as well. I am not dishonest but I could not but I could not sell during the monsoon so I missed an instalment. When we go to make coal, we, I and my son have to go away from our wives and children. My son has three children. My daughter-in-law has to stay home in order to make by grandchildren study. I or my son supply the grocery and money home every 15 days. Before getting the loan, we were agricultural laborers and cultivate the rented land. I got the loan from the organization of Rs.10,000/- and I started the business of making coal. I repaid the loan, repaired my house and made my daughter the silver bracelets of 500 grams. After getting the loan of Rs. 30,000/-, I could work peacefully. Right now in order to work, we came to Ahmedabad. We are clearing the plot owned by Nirma Company in Bhadaj. Earlier, my son and I used to work but now I hire other people to work too. Now we are ten people. We make sure that while clearing, we only remove Gando Bawal and not any other trees such as Neem or anything. We don’t take the labour charges from the land owner. Only, amount we earn by making coal is what we earn. We use JCB machine which cost Rs. 600/- per hour. If we run the JCB for 10 hours, the expense will be Rs. 6000/-. Deducting all this, still I can earn Rs. 6000/- to 7000/-. I could not make my children study due to lack of money but whatever it takes, I will make my grandchildren study. If they will study, they will lead a good life.” 

"Ben, we have a ritual to give ornaments to the daughter in her wedding as trousseau. Next year my daughter will 18. I wish to give her at least money to her in her wedding. Thus, I have decided to put some 20-50 rupees every day in the galla and I want to deposit that money in the bank.”
When I met Babubhai I realized that although he is not educated, he is wise. We salute his understanding towards the importance of education, wisdom to save money and courage to expand his business. We must honour his spirit and honesty at the age of 55. We wish him to continue on this path ethically and keep giving employment to people…    

“ બેન, મજૂરી કરતા તો માંડ માંડ ઘરનું પૂરૂ થતું હતું. તમારી મળેલી લોન મને બહુ ફળી, આજે મારો પોતાનો કોલસા પાડવાનો ધંધો થઇ ગયો. બેન, લીધેલ લોનનો હપ્તો નિયમિત ના ભરીએ તો આપણી ક્રેડીટ બગડે ”

પાટણ જીલ્લાનું હારીજ તાલુકાનું ખાખલ ગામ. પંચાવન વર્ષની ઉંમરના બાબુભાઈ લક્ષ્મણભાઈ રાવળ. અમદાવાદ ઓફીસ આવતાની સાથે બે હાથ જોડી કહેવા લાગ્યા,

Babubhai Raval started the buisness of making coal
with the help of VSSM
બેન, માફ કરજો મારાથી હપ્તા આપવામાં ચૂક થઇ ગઈ. આજે ત્રણ હપ્તા જોડે લઈને આવ્યો છું અને સાથે સાથે મારે સંસ્થાને ધર્માદો પણ આપવો છે. મારા મનમાં ખોટ નથી બેન, પણ ચોમાસામાં ધંધો ના થયો અને હપ્તા આપવાનું ચુકાઈ ગયું. કોલસા પાડવા જઈએ એટલે હું, દીકરો અને એની મા ઘરથી છેટા જતા રહીએ. દીકરાને પણ ત્રણ છોરા છે. એમનું ભણતર ના બગડે એટલે દીકરાની વહું ગામમાં જ રહે. પંદર – પંદર દિવસે હું કે મારો દીકરો જઈ કરિયાણું અને થોડા ઘણા પૈસા આપતા આવીએ. લોન નહોતી મળી એ પહેલા તો ખેતરે મજૂરી કરવા જતો અને ભાગે જમીન રાખતો. સંસ્થામાંથી રૂપિયા ૧૦,૦૦૦ની લોન મળી તો કોલસા પાડવાનો ધંધો શરૂ કર્યો. લોનેય પૂરી કરી, ગામનું ઘર સમુ (સરખું) કરાવ્યું અને મારી દિકરી માટે ૫૦૦ ગ્રામના ચાંદીના કડલા પણ કરાવ્યા. રૂપિયા ૩૦,૦૦૦ની બીજી લોન મળતા આજે આરામથી હું ધંધો કરી શકુ છું. હાલ તો પેટ માટે મજૂરી કરવા અમદાવાદમાં આવ્યા. ભાડજ ગામમાં નિરમા કંપનીનો એક પ્લોટ સાફ કરવા માટે લીધો છે. પહેલા હું અને મારો દીકરો જ મળીને કામ કરતા આજે હું બીજા લોકોને કામ આપતો થઇ ગયો. આજે અમે દસ જણા છીએ. પ્લોટ સાફ કરવાનું રાખીએ તેમાં પણ ગાંડા બાવળ જ કાઢવાના, લીમડો કે બીજા ઝાડ ના કાપીએ. પ્લોટ આપનાર પાસેથી કોઈ મજૂરી નહીં લેવાની, ફક્ત બાવળમાંથી લાકડું બનાવી જે વેચાણ થાય એ જ અમારું વેતન. બાવળ કાઢવા જેસીબી લાવીએ તો એના કલાકના રૂપિયા ૬૦૦/- આપવા પડે. જો દસ કલાક જેસીબી ચાલે તો સીધા રૂપિયા ૬,૦૦૦/- થઇ જાય. પરંતુ બધો ખર્ચ અને ઘર ખર્ચ કાઢતા મહીને આરામથી રૂપિયા ૬,૦૦૦/-થી ૭,૦૦૦/- મળી જાય. પૈસાના અભાવે હું મારા દીકરાને ભણાવી ના શક્યો. તેથી ગમે તે મહેનત કરવી પડે મારે દીકરાના બાળકોને ભણાવવા જ છે. એ ભણશે તો એમનું જીવન સુધરશે.”

“ બેન, અમારા સમાજમાં દીકરીના લગ્નમાં દાગીના આપવાનો રિવાજ છે. મારી દીકરી આવતા વર્ષે ૧૮ વરસની થઇ જશે. એટલે જેટલી શક્તિ એટલી ભક્તિ પણ દીકરીને થોડા ઘણા પૈસા આપવાની ઈચ્છા છે. 
જેના માટે મેં નક્કી કર્યું છે કે ગલ્લામાં હવે રોજના ૨૦ થી ૫૦ રૂપિયા નાંખવા છે અને મહીને એમાં જે મૂડી ભેગી થાય તે બેંકમાં ભરી દેવી છે.”

બાબુભાઈને મળ્યા પછી લાગ્યું કે તે ભણેલા કરતા ગણેલા વધારે. તેમનામાં ભણતરનું મહત્વ, બચત કરવાની કાળા અને તેમના કામને આગળ વધારવાની ધગશને સલામ. પંચાવન વર્ષની ઉંમરમાં પણ એમના જુસ્સાને અને તેમનામાં રહેલી પ્રમાણિકતાને બિરદાવવી પડે. તેઓ આમ જ નીતિથી આગળ વધે અને બીજા અન્ય લોકોને રોજી આપતા થાય તેવી શુભેચ્છા...

No comments:

Post a Comment